At Salop Caravans sites and Bywater Leisure Parks, we’re committed to ensuring the safety and comfort of our owners, holidaymakers, staff and local communities, as Wales and the UK begins the process of recovery following the coronavirus pandemic.
Our business supports thousands of local jobs within the community – from our teams on park to local businesses such as restaurants, cafes, garages, butchers, shops etc. Therefore, we have a responsibility to ensure safety within our communities as we begin the process of reopening our holiday parks.
Working closely with the British Holiday Home Parks Association and the National Caravan Council we’ve set out a plan for reopening. Details of this can be found below, including social distancing policies and strict hygiene standards to ensure we maximise the safety and comfort of our holidaymakers and owners.
Owner Safety, Social Distancing & Hygiene Policy
We ask all our owners and staff to adhere to a number of key points to maximise safety on our parks.
- Only travel to your holiday home if you are fit to do so and advise us if you are becoming unwell or become unwell following your visit.
- Leave your holiday home and the park if you are becoming unwell, and self-isolate at your home off-park.
- When on park, respect and adhere to our social distancing and hygiene policies.
- Your caravan should only be used by members of the same family group.
- No social gatherings in caravans should take place.
Opening to Owners & touring customers
We will be reopening our parks for owners from 10am Saturday 11th July 2020, to enjoy some
well-earned relaxation in their holiday homes and tourers.
We ask that our owners, as well as all individuals on park, comply with our social distancing policy set out below, as well as current government guidelines and legislation. Please respect our staff & our local community.
Social Distancing Policy
- We ask all owners and staff to maintain a safe 2m distance from each other where possible.
- In instances where this may not be possible, we will be adding additional shielding measure and/or PPE to maintain safe interaction.
- In some areas of our parks, we may introduce a one-way system or spaced-out queuing to avoid close contact with others.
- Where the above is not possible, only one member of your party should visit reception or our other accessible areas at one time.
- Where possible, we will provide visible markers to help you adhere to social distancing guidelines when using any of our facilities on park.
As well as asking our owners and holidaymakers to continue maintaining personal hygiene standard, regularly washing hands and using a disposable tissue to catch any coughs or sneezes, we’ll also be implementing a number of enhanced hygiene measures on our parks in order to reduce any risk of contamination.
- Use of disinfectant when cleaning communal areas.
- Frequent deep cleaning and disinfecting of high footfall areas and surfaces.
- Providing gloves and PPE for our staff.
- Introduction of hand washing and sanitisation stations in public areas and near
entrances and exits where possible.
- Do not flush disposable wipes down the toilet.
Hygiene is a huge priority for us, and our parks and staff will be on hand ensuring our superb cleanliness standards are maintained across the park.
Your ‘Need to Knows’ for Returning to Park
To welcome you back to our parks, we have created some specific ‘Need to Knows’ to ensure a seamless experience on park.
1. Essential/Emergency Works
Any essential services or maintenance that you require will continue to take place, we have outlined the areas which we have classed as essential or emergency works.
- No hot water/heating
- Gas bottle delivery (where applicable)
- No electricity
- Water leaks
- Unable to unlock/lock the holiday home door
- Gas test
- Electrical test
Should you require any assistance on the above, please contact your park managers directly by phone or email in the first instance.
No other works should be completed on your holiday home during this period whilst the holiday home is occupied however, all other maintenance related jobs, including warranty and after sales, can be undertaken when the holiday home has been unoccupied for 72 hours.
2. Contactless Payment
We are encouraging the use of contactless payment methods including payments over the phone.
3. Opening Our Facilities
We plan to open our on-park receptions, gyms and laundry rooms where applicable at the same time as welcoming you back onto our parks, where government guidance allows us to do so. Hopefully this includes all the facilities mentioned above and we are putting in place a number of policies and steps in order to maintain hygiene and social distancing standards.
Any play areas indoor or outdoors, book, dvd, cd libraries, game/toy libraries and cinema will remain closed until government guidelines allow us to open safely.
We will keep this under constant review, and we will communicate any changes with customers in due course, in light of any future updates to government advice.
- We ask all owners to arrive at the gym in appropriate clothing and to remove and store any additional clothing beside the piece of equipment being used.
- Changing rooms, WC/shower facilities where applicable will not be open.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at all entrances and exits.
- Antibacterial wipes and sprays are provided, please wipe down all pieces of
equipment prior and after each use.
- Only one person or family will be able to use the gym at any one time.
- We will deep clean and disinfect these areas periodically during the day
- Please have the correct coins as we are unable to handle or change money at the office.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at all entrances and exits.
- Antibacterial wipes are provided, please wipe down all touched areas including
machine controls, coin mechanisms and surfaces prior and after each use.
- Only one person or family will be able to use the laundry at any one time.
- We will deep clean and disinfect these areas periodically during the day.
6. Contacting Us
In the meantime, should you require any assistance on the above or wish to talk about anything related to your holiday home experience during this time, please contact your park managers.
Thank you for taking the time to read the above. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Parks.